Did you know helmets degrade over time due to wear and tear, knocks, bumps, and UV from sunlight, with the general consensus from industry bodies and manufacturers recommending replacement every 3 – 5 years.
Get 20% OFF any full priced helmet when you trade in your old one
The five-year replacement recommendation is based on a consensus by both helmet manufacturers and the independent SNELL Foundation. However, top manufacturers (inc Giro & Bontrager) recommend replacing your cycle helmet every 3 years – especially if used frequently, or in warm and sunny conditions. If the helmet has received an impact or any damage, you should replace it as soon as possible.
Terms and conditions – Helmet Amnesty
- Can purchase a helmet at full price and get store credit if you return an old helmet at a later date – provided the offer is still running. Proof of purchase must be shown to receive credit.
- Cannot be used against any offer or sale helmet.
- Cannot be used with cycle to work or 0% finance sales.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount.
- Customer must bring in a helmet to trade in, to be disposed of by us. Helmet must be made unusable before disposal