Vacancy: Marketing Lead, Bicycle Industry
Part time role with flexibility around working hours, holidays and homeworking, £20-24,000 FTE
Exciting Online Opportunity in Bicycle Retail.
We are an independent retail bike business with three shops providing the widest range of bicycles and accessories across Bristol, Bath and Taunton. A new partnership with a leading online agency is set to ramp up online activity, so we need someone to lead the day to day of that partnership at our end, and wider marketing activity across the business.
The role will lead on all marketing with special focus on website and digital activity to deliver a digital experience that both stands alone and complements existing retail activity. This person will plan marketing offers and promotions across the business, in collaboration with with senior management, and ensure the these are effectively marketed on and off line. They will work with our external agency partner to maximise user experience and commercial result, both online and through directed consumer activity in shops.
- Own and deliver the digital merchandising to drive increases in sales, conversion rates, AOV and margin
- Drive promotion planning, web exclusive deals and extended range that complement the offering and ensure sales budgets are exceeded
- Evaluate and recommend product mix based on historical activity, seasonal trends, and other factors.
- Co-ordinate with management on buying planning, including creating web exclusives and product range extension via ‘drop ship’ type suppliers relationships.
- Lead on the businesses the merchandising calendar; online dovetailed with offline and in shops
- Deliver traffic driving marketing activities such as email, search/SEO, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
- Overall responsibility with Customer Experience and Brand Marketing functions to ensure consistency in messaging across all channels.
- Manage all online product content, ensuring use of both standard supplier product information as well as, where appropriate, unique product description and content.
- Own and create action plans from campaign performance, including but not limited to category performance, quality of search, and promotional/event performance; develop and explore new analytics to further understand performance, on and off line.
- Co-ordinate and drive marketing activity across the business.
Skills and experience we are looking for
- 2 years e-commerce experience in a similar role
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen and financial competence
- Great collaboration skills; to work both internally and with external partner
- Experience using Google Analytics (or similar web analytics) to identify trends and take appropriate actions
- An understanding of SEO, and the impact of actions on search visibility
- Website analytics platforms and digital marketing best practices
- Marketing experience that goes wider than purely online
What we can offer you
This is a part time role of 20-24 hours a week, with potential to expand with success. There is flexibility around working hours, holidays and homeworking. Albeit to knit the successful candidate into the team there will be the need to be in the shops some of the time.
Package is a salary £20-24,000 FTE – subject to experience – plus pension and performance related bonus.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Ralph@Bike-UK.co.uk